Critical Illness and Accident
Critical illness and accident insurance is designed to complement the excellent employee benefit programs offered by the State of Kansas and is not part of the state's benefits package.
No one can predict a critical illness or an accident. The Aflac group critical illness plan can help you and your family cope with and recover from the financial stress of a critical illness like cancer, heart attack, stroke, renal failure, major cardiac events or occupational HIV.
The Aflac group accident plan can help with unexpected costs associated with a covered accident. These plans are offered along with the short term disability plan through the KUMC Credit Union and Aflac and are designed to complement the excellent employee benefit programs offered by the state of Kansas. They are not a part of the state's benefits package.
- Benefits are paid directly to you unless you choose otherwise.
- Coverage is portable, which means you can take it with you if you change jobs or retire.
- Following enrollment, payroll will set up a direct deposit account for you through MyKUMC to the KUMC Credit Union. This will be used to pay your critical illness and/or accident premiums every pay period. You do not have to be a credit union member.
- Benefits are paid in addition to sick pay and vacation leave; this insurance does not replace or reduce accruals.
Who Can Benefit
- Full-time/part-time, benefits-eligible employees, regardless of position.
- Recently hired benefits-eligible employees.
- Employees who just want the additional protection.
Note: While these benefits are designed to complement the excellent employee benefit programs offered by the state of Kansas, they are not a part of the state's benefits package. Open enrollment for critical illness and accident will occur every May. Open enrollment for the state's benefits will occur every October.